- This event has passed.
Online Mindfulness in Recovery® Online Course – Taro Thomas
June 26 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Online MIR Course with John Bruna and Taro Thomas
We are excited and grateful to be able to support you in developing the skills to cultivate more inner peace, resiliency, and joy in your life. This online course provides you with daily activities, teachings from our co-founder, John Bruna, and live sessions facilitated by Taro Thomas. With our online format, you can attend from wherever you are in the world.
This is an eight-week course open to everyone for personal development and for those working with others in the treatment field. It is experiential and focused on helping participants cultivate a daily mindfulness practice that integrates the MIR skills into daily life.
About the MIR Course
This course supports:
- People in recovery (all pathways, including 12-step)
- Family and friends affected by addiction
- Clinicians, therapists, and addiction treatment professionals (serves as a prerequisite for the certification course) and is approved for 36 CEUs.
In addition to the course, participants receive:
- 28-day self-paced online meditation training with John Bruna
- 3-month free membership in the MIR community
This course begins with an opening session on Tuesday, May 23rd, followed by weekly sessions every Tuesday through July 18th. In between sessions, there are videos with instructions from John and exercises from the Essential Guidebook to Mindfulness in Recovery and the Essential Guidebook to Recovery for Family and Friends.
Everyone in the United States receives a copy of either the Essential Guidebook to Mindfulness in Recovery or the Family and Friends version of the guidebook, and access to the private course online community platform accessible by computer, tablet, or mobile phone. You are able to interact with others in the course on that platform and in the course sessions.
*If you live outside of the USA, we will work with you to get you access to the guidebook.
Course Facilitator: Taro Thomas
June 26th – August 21st
Live Session Times – Mondays at:
- 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm Pacific Time, USA
- 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm Mountain Time, USA
- 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm Central Time, USA
- 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm Eastern Time, USA
Price: $349 US. There is a $50 discount for Mindful Life and Mindfulness in Recovery Community members. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your discount code.
- To Register: Click here
- Payment Plans and Scholarships: We always offer scholarships and payment plans for people in need. We never want anyone to not access our services due to financial difficulties. To apply for a payment plan or scholarship, click here.
Registration: Once you have registered, please fill out this information form. You will receive a confirmation email with details for the course. Look for your Essential Guidebook in the mail unless you live outside of the United States. If outside the US, we will contact you about options.
Questions: Email email@example.com or call (970) 633-0163.