Offered completely on a donation basis. This is a self-paced, online training guided by John Bruna.
Meetings have no financial ties to the MIR Institute. We do have a scholarship fund for people to take MIR courses. If you would like to support that, you can use the button above to make a secure online donation.
Mindfulness in Recovery® Meetings
Online East Coast Morning Meeting: 8:00 am Eastern Time, USA (7:00 am CST, 6:00am MST, 5:00 am PST). Here is the link to join the meeting – MIR Sunday East Coast Online Meeting. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online West Coast Morning Meeting: 7:00 am Pacific Time, USA (8:00 am MST, 9:00am CST, 10:00 am EST). Here is the link for information to join the meeting – MIR Sunday Online Meeting.
Online Morning Morning: 7:00 am Mountain Time, USA (6:00 am PST, 9:00 am EST). Here is the link for information to join the meeting – MIR Monday Morning Meeting.
In-Person – Las Vegas: 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm Pacific Time. Foundation for Recovery, 4800 Alpine Place, Suite 17, Room C.
Online – Las Vegas: The Las Vegas meeting (6:30 pm to 7:30 pm PST) is also hybrid so you can join them online using this link – Las Vegas MIR meeting.
Online Morning Meeting: 7:00 am Mountain Time. (6:00 am PST, 9:00 am EST). Here is the link for information to join the meeting – MIR Tuesday Morning Online Meeting.
Online Evening: 6:00 pm Mountain Time (5:00 pm PST, 7:00 pm CST). This meeting is hosted by the Carbondale in-person group and you can join online. Here is the information to join the meeting – Carbondale Tuesday Online Meeting.
In-Person: Carbondale, CO, 6:00 pm Mountain Time, USA. Location: The Meeting Place, 981 Cowen Place, Carbondale, CO. Contact: email@example.com, 970-633-0163.
In-Person – Portland, Oregon: 7:00 pm, Leaven Community Center, 5431 NE 20th Ave, Portland. OR 97211. Contact: Dan at Onelivingworld@gmail.com or (970) 209-6489.
Online Morning Meeting: 7:00 am Mountain Time, USA (6:00 am PST, 9:00 am EST). Here is link for information to join the meeting – MIR Online Meeting Gunnison.
Online Morning Meeting: 7:00 am Mountain Time, USA (6 am PST, 8 am CST, 9 am EST) – Thursday Morning MIR Meeting. Here is the link for information to join the meeting – MIR Online Thursday Morning Meeting.
Online Evening: 7 pm Central Time, USA (5 pm PST, 6 pm MST, 8 pm EST). Here is the link for information to join the meeting – MIR Online Thursday Evening.
Online Morning Meeting: 7:00 am Mountain Time, USA (6:00 am PST, 9:00 EST). Here is the link for information to join the meeting – MIR Online Friday Morning.
In-Person: Syracuse, NY at 10:30 am. The Spa 500 W Onondaga Street. Contact: Rachel@wocompassion.org
Online: MIR Book Study: 10:30 am Eastern Time, USA (8:30 am MST, 7:30 am PST). This group focuses on the Essential Guidebook to Mindfulness in Recovery. You do not need to have to book to attend. Here is the link for information to join the meeting – MIR Online Meeting Syracuse.
About Mindfulness in Recovery®
We in the Mindfulness in Recovery® Community are people active in different recovery programs and therapies, who have discovered the benefits of integrating the skills of mindfulness with the tools of recovery. In applying the Mindfulness in Recovery® practices and skills, we are able to consciously create a meaningful and purposeful life that is driven by action, attention, values, wisdom, and an open heart. In becoming the best version of ourselves possible, we have discovered a recovery from our afflictions imbued with freedom, integrity, a deep sense of well-being, and an appreciation for the rare and precious life we have today – a life truly worth living.
Mindfulness in Recovery’s primary mission is to provide our members with skills, activities, and a supportive community to cultivate mindfulness in their daily lives, empowering them to make healthy choices in alignment with their personal values and beliefs so they can live meaningful lives in recovery.
Mindfulness in Recovery® Guiding Principles
1. Mindfulness in Recovery® is an inclusive recovery support community, open to anyone with a desire for recovery.
2. We view recovery as a process rooted in developing the skills to reduce mental and emotional afflictions and eliminate intoxicants that prevent one from living a healthy, self-directed life in alignment with their values.
3. We welcome everyone and honor all paths of recovery and spiritual traditions. We do not promote any particular faith or belief system. Whatever your ethnicity, religion, gender, or identity, it is our firm conviction that everyone deserves to live a meaningful life in recovery.
4. The MIR Community and meetings focus on developing the seven skills of living mindfully found in our literature. The seven skills are Attention, Values, Wisdom, Equanimity, Loving-Kindness, Compassion, and Action.
5. MIR meetings are autonomous and peer-led. They are not a treatment program or a substitute for therapy.
6. There are no dues or fees to attend Mindfulness in Recovery® meetings. Each meeting is self-supporting, relying on the generosity of members. Donations, if collected, can be used for rent, materials, and other needs agreed upon by group consensus. Meetings do not have any financial ties to Mindfulness in Recovery®.
7. The foundation of our recovery is a safe and supportive community. We ask that MIR members treat each other with integrity, acceptance, and compassion. Anything shared here is confidential and not to be shared outside of the community or meeting.